"Top Trends in Savory Snacks 2018", is part of GlobalData's Top Trends series. It examines the key consumer behaviors which are shaping preferences within this space, and subsequently how this is translating into innovation and future opportunities.
The savory snack sector represents a dynamic space for growth as consumers’ quest for convenience and experimentation is important to the role of new product development of hot drinks. Overarching themes include insect proteins and a new level of transparency using smart technology.
- Consumers seek new types of protein other than whey- or plant-based.
- Consumer care about where their food and drinks come from, thus demand for transparency is becoming high.
- Visual impact of savory snacks is also becoming important thanks to wide usage of social media such as Instagram.
Reasons to buy
- Identify how brands can innovate to engage consumers as well as showcasing best-in-class innovation examples throughout.
- Learn what consumer behavior is driving innovation using GlobalData's latest consumer research.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.